Our club philosophy is about encouraging children and young people to be fit and healthy and have fun with their friends and team-mates, whilst also having the opportunity to compete at events should they wish to. The club has a reputation for being one of the best supported and most supportive when we go to events across the country.
The club has an experienced, professional coach to support and guide the many volunteers coaches that we have.
FOR PROSPECTIVE NEW MEMBERS –
THERE IS NO EXPECTATION THAT CHILDREN ATTEND ALL SESSIONS, THE INFORMATION BELOW IS TO DEMONSTRATE THE RANGE OF SESSIONS ON OFFER.
WE ENCOURAGE NEW MEMBERS TO ‘COME AND TRI’ THIS FUN SPORT. START WITH WHATEVER SESSION(S) YOU’D LIKE.
- Sunday BIKE/RUN session – Arran High School 9.45am -10.45am – ideal for those who want to ‘come and tri’ . Unless bad weather , when the indoor hall is used, this is usually at the pitch behind the school
- Monday/Thursday – club SWIM sessions 8pm – 9pm Auchrannie Hotel pool
- Saturday SWIM session 1345-1500 begins again at the end of English school holidays.
- Tuesday RUN club – 4pm – 4.45pm Arran High School – all ages.
- Wednesday BIKE session – 4pm – 5pm Arran High School (this is a new session currently being trialled).
Follow us on Facebook (arran junior triathlon club) to see the latest news.
Equipment needed for each triathlete:
1) Swim cap & googles (if you have them, spares can usually be found if not)
3) Bike (there are some club bikes that can be loaned) & Helmet
5) Shorts & T-shirt or triathlon suit
6) Possibly a Wetsuit (again some available to loan) once the weather improves
Training aims to combine having fun with learning the skills of the sport and includes practising running and bike skills, transitions and practice races.